Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still...

So many stories
in my head
Laughing, and crying
Amusing, and haunting
Springing up unbidden
Dying off too slowly.

My mind races, my heart beats
But words...they do not come.
In the early morning
I feel them tickling
Flirting, and playing
with my mind.

Late at night in the dark
They crowd, they confuse
Taunting, and mourning
The loss of expression.
In dreams they explode
In the silence they deafen

Yet still they lie hidden
Still I can hear them
Still...they come.

2 comments:

  1. I like your picture and your poem and can relate. Words dance in my mind too. Blogs are a great outlet. Hope you don't mind that Erica showed me your blog. This is my first visit and I've enjoyed looking around. It's nice to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs. Vik! I don't mind at all, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy yours and Erica's!

    ReplyDelete