Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sharpened and Forged...

Burned, scorched, fried
in the flames meant to mold me.
I stuck out a hand,
stepped off to the side,
let down my shield,
and down I was thrown!
The pain, the regret
The sluggish will
to get back up,
to fight again...
The quiet voice
whispering to stay,
to sleep, to forget and ignore
the knowledge and wisdom,
that I'd heard before.
Yet desperate, depressed,
stubborn and slow to obey
your love still props me up,
still strengthens and straightens
my shield so I can fight,
till I can sit.
And day by day, the battle's on!
Hope's not lost yet, Faith still believes
that I will rise again.
No longer burned, or scorched, or fried
by flame's unceasing heat,
but for every tear shed, ever cried
I will be
more sharpened and forged by fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment