Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fly...

  So, I know I've heard this song before, but I forgot about it and just found it again. I believe what it says is true and that's why I named my blog 'Fly' (not because of this song, and not after the bug!). I believe God wants us to fly with Him, to step off the edge, see nothing but Him, pay attention to no one but Him, and trust that He'll take us where He wants us to go, and do great things through and for Him. And, of course, there will be bumpy hard parts too. So, I don't want to babble on too much, but I've pasted some of the lyrics up, just the ones that really stand out to me (you can look up the rest if you want to). Hope you enjoy! :)




I close my eyes
Everything disappears but Your smile
I raise my hands
On a cliff I stand
Arms open wide
You’re the Father, I’m the child
You whisper to me,
“Step off the edge
Leave it all behind, leave it all behind
Cut loose, cut loose the ties
Let go, let go!”

For way too long I’ve settled for these lies
When so much more has been waiting on the other side
I think it’s time we cross this river so wide
Leave these shores, step off the edge
Leave it all behind, leave it all behind
Cut loose, cut loose the ties
Let go, let go!

Fly! Fly! You can fly!
Leave the ground, leave the ground
Go and fly!
This is what you, you were meant to fly!


Song by Jonathan David Helser

No comments:

Post a Comment