Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stare Me in the Face

(this is inspired by an exercise a speaker had my class do while I was in Australia)

Stare me in the face
and tell me what you see.
Do you see beauty or pain?
Is there relentless hope,
or hopeless relentlessness?
How much faith does it display?
Does love pour out,
or hide away?
Do you really look and search
or only ask with words?
How am I?
What have I been doing?
Is there honesty,
or are there superficial smiles?
Beneath it all, in the end,
we all know the truth.


So stare me in the face
and tell me what you see...

I dare you!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to find someone to sit down and stare at each other with.

    ReplyDelete