Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Give me everything...

I heard a whisper
it would not go away
it told me of secrets
and asked for something dear...I hid.

I heard a shout
it would not be quieted
it told me it loved me
and asked for something dear...I ran.

I came upon
a soft, firm hand
it knocked out my breath
and asked for something dear...I cried.

So gently,
so extremely loving and kind
but firm and unwavering
the request was made again...I wept.

Something inside me
seemed to rip, my heart was now in two
and everything I had was gone
I'd relented, surrendered all.

He smiled.
At me.
I stopped.
And I stared.
At Him.
I was free!

2 comments:

  1. oh ellen..this is beyond amazing..it pretty much describes my life with God..
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. This may be my new favorite of your poems.

    ReplyDelete