Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Letter to You...

(I wrote this a while ago about a wedding that, to me, feels more like a funeral or pre-funeral. My friend that it's addressed to doesn't speak English and will never read it. But I needed to put it up anyway. Thanks for reading...)

A day of joy with laughter
Should be the day approaching
With love and songs rejoicing
Should such a day be marked.

Faith holds true, but hope deserts me
And my heart, I know, does not lie
it feels a burden, a deep burning cry
My ears hear the toll of a bell.

This not the first, nor the last
Is a day of many tears
Which will be constant throughout the years
A part of me has died today.

What happened and when?
I've asked it many times
Searched for the reason why such a crime
Should ever be permitted.

But it's not my place
To choose your choice
My opinion I can voice
But all the rest is up to you.

I stand by you now,
I always will,
With a love no trial can ever kill
I'm always here for you.

Like from a nightmare
I wish to awake
I cannot run, I can't escape
It's one dream to which I must know the end.

My heart is broken
As you stop and take the vow
Never felt such agony as now
Love has a price, it's pain, that's the truth.

Goodbye
I love you.
God help you!
I cannot...

2 comments:

  1. Been there! May the Lord comfort you with His Sovereignty! *hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you and your friend. I know what you are feeling.
    I love you! ~Jess

    ReplyDelete