Two Roads

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Monday, December 6, 2010

Friends...

  I have many friends. Yes, despite being home schooled, I have many friends. Can you believe it?! ;-D And they're all different. Some are shy, others outgoing. Some weak, others strong. Some quiet, others very loud. Some crazy, others "normal". Some give me so much...much more than I deserve. Others, I'm told, are given much by me. Either way, they're still my friends. But it's not about how much you get, it's about how much you give. It's not about how well the gift is received, it's about the sincerity of the gift being given, and the honesty of the love. We may be doing something, or giving something, but why?
 

  God created us for relationship, but He didn't give us life with the expectancy that we would return His love. He gave it knowing full well that we would reject Him. And yet the key here is that He still gave it. He loved us from the beginning, despite how and who we are. Shouldn't our actions reflect His when His Spirit dwells within us? He has called us friends, yet how much more does He give us? How often do we fail and sin against Him? There's so much I could say and philosophize about. But I won't. It would ruin the flavor of words, and detract from all thoughts. I'll leave you with a couple quotes though and a few questions.
 
  "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude or self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." 1 Cor. 13:4-8a
 
  "Love alters not when it alteration finds..." William Shakespeare
 
  "Love = An intense feeling of deep affection." Dictionary
 
  What is love?
  Does our human understanding measure up to the fullness of this word?
  Does love alter, or is it intimacy that alters?
  Does love discipline, punish, and even let go of another?

I know my answers to these questions. Do you know yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment